Food Intolerance Part 2 – Diagnosis & Management
There are different strategies for managing food intolerance and the most suitable approach will depend on many factors including an individual’s:
- Symptoms – type, severity, frequency
- Suspected triggers
- Lifestyle & social factors
For many people a specialised diet is required for both diagnosing food intolerance and for managing symptoms. These diets involve limiting your intake of certain foods that are commonly associated with food reactions for 2-6 weeks to see if symptoms improve. If there has been improvement on the diet then foods are reintroduced to identify which foods or food components an individual is sensitive to.
If you have food intolerance (or suspect you do) or if you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) then our Food Intolerance package is for you.
The package includes:
- 4 one-on-one consultations with our Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Food and symptom diary analysis
- Resources, recipes and meal plans
- Guidance on meeting nutritional requirements on a restricted diet
- Email support throughout the dietary investigation
Phoebe Starling – Accredited Practising Dietitian